Saturday, January 8, 2011

Catch me if you can


A week late, but - hopefully - not a dollar short :-)
Barbara Brackman has a Civil War, block of the week, sampler-blog up. I am behind with everything ! so I hadn't noticed. Never-the-less, I would like to follow it, and - when possible - give the directions for Inklingo.
Ms. Brackmann makes 8" blocks, but I will - when possible - stick with the 6" format that has been the norm on this blog.

No pictures today, as I haven't (yet) have the time to actually make the block. I will. Eventually.
Brackman's first block is 'Catch me if you can'.

Find the printing-directions here.

For the 6" block you need :

Background fabric
12 HST, each 1.5"

Focus-fabric 1 (medium)
12 HST, each 1.5

Focus-fabric 2 (dark)
8 HST, each 1.5"

Making the block
Make the HST into squares
Background and focus-fabric 1 : 4 squares
Background and focus-fabric 2 : 8 squares
Focus-fabric 1 and 2 :4 squares

Lay the squares out to match the picture.
Join row-by-row.
Join the rows.
Press.
Finished !

To make an 8" block (like ms Brackman), us 2" units rather than 1.5" units.

No comments: